Europa-List: Re: Instrument module cooling/demisting fans.

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Instrument module cooling/demisting fans.
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:42:36

Just like cooling inside the cowl, cooling of the instrument panel
can be non-or counter intuitive.

In some engine cowls, the air pressure gradients and consequent flow
can be stagnant or even flowing backward.

The same is true, no doubt for the instrument panel depending on a
myriad of custom factors like air flow up from the tunnel via the wiring to
the fuel pump and how closely seal the bottom of the panel is.

My panel is not currently cooled.  In six years of flying, I have seen the
need for cooling for a total of about 30 minutes of flying with my
UPS Stack and my Blue Mountain.  The BMA reports internal temp when
it exceeds 135F (Auto shutdown at 145 or 150F if I recall correctly)

Not a priority therefore, but somewhere on the to do list.

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here: