Re: Europa-List: Weight reduction - Brake Discs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Weight reduction - Brake Discs
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:27:34
=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0A=0A--> Europa-List messag
e posted by: Frans Veldman <frans@privatepilots.nl>=0A=0A> More vibration g
ives more disruption to laminar=0A> flow so more drag.=0AWell, I can't foll
ow this one. Can you explain why? =0A=0ABecause the aircraft is vibrating i
n yaw, the flow over the whole airframe is affected. Think if one wing is g
oing forward and the other backwards. Only a few thou admittedly but enough
 to affect drag I think.=0A=0A=0A> This is also why 2 blade windmills are m
ore likely to throw blades.=0A=0ANot because of a less efficient airflow, b
ut because vibrations can=0Aweaken the attachment of the blades.=0A=0AYes,
because as you say the pulses are in opposite phase.=0A=0AGraham