RE: Europa-List: Chemical Nut-Busters

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Chemical Nut-Busters
From: Rob Housman <europa@hyperionef.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 15:56:46
Not only have I not heard of this method, I can=92t see how it works '
I hope
someone can enlighten me.  The stuff in the first aid kit would very
likely
have been tincture of iodine, now out of favor, which is a mixture of
elemental iodine and either sodium iodide or potassium iodide, dissolved
in
what is essentially 100 proof vodka (half water and half ethanol).

I suspect that what really did the job was the shock treatment with the
hammer.  As anyone familiar with this handy book

<http://www.daveswhiteboard.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/vw_alive_553.j
pg>
See full size image

knows, a hammer and a cold chisel work together like a poor man=92s
impact
wrench, and make it if not easy at least possible to loosen really tight
nuts and bolts.

Best regards,

Rob Housman

Irvine, CA