Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 mechanic urgently needed!!!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax 914 mechanic urgently needed!!!
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 20:43:24

Hi Garry

friday night, I have a few ideas.

631-839-3636

Ron
Parigoris

> Today I sold my Europa/914 and the new owner
headed back from Florida to
> California. He got to his first
fuel stop in Crestview (Florida
> panhandle),
> filled
the tank with 100LL and departed. A few minutes out the engine

began
> to surge badly so he returned to the airport to check
things out. He says
> the engine runs fine up to about 28 inches
of manifold pressure, then
> begins
> to surge. The
EGT's also are running up to 1600 degrees (F). This leads
> me

> to think he's running lean somewhere in the system.
>

> He has checked the spark plugs (fine),
dropped the carb float bowls
> (fine),
> checked the
fuel filters (fine), checked the operation of the turbo

wastegate (fine), checked the rubber hoses between the carbs and the
> manifold log (fine). So what next? The poor guy is sitting up there
on
> the
> ramp, 2,000 miles from home with no Rotax
mechanics to be found.

> I know
it's a long shot, but if there are any folks who can help him who
> are
> located near Crestview airport, it would be a
lifesaver!