Re: Europa-List: Left the Nest Today

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Left the Nest Today
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:25:13
Troy,

CONGRATULATIONS on a job well done!  Looking forward to seeing you at KOSH one
of these days.

Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208
Home:  940-497-2123
Cel:  817-992-1117

On Apr 3, 2010, at 16:43, Troy Maynor wrote:

> Hello Friends and Fellow Aviators,

bonds of Earth and lept into the air on it's maiden voyage. Well, actually
the voyage was just orbiting the airport but she did so very well. I was amazed
at the short take off, maybe 500 ft someone said. I don't know, I was too busy.
I climbed to 5000 ft and the temps and pressures were well with the limits
for the whole flight which lasted 35 minutes. I did some manuevers and stalls.
No drama except for a left wing drop deep into the stall in dirty configuration.
Mostly just mushed.  I need a rudder trim tab, need to tighten the tail wheel
cables, and recheck the weight and balance. (I needed a bit too much nose
down trim for straight and level.)  But all in all I am very happy. It went well
today. I was worried about the weather. The wind had picked up from earlier
in the week, but I couldn't take off work. Turns out that winds were at just
6-10 knots almost straight down the runway.
> For the records: It is kit number UK 120, weighed in at 850 lbs, Rotax 912S.
Build hours were in excess of 4000, (a lot of mods, plus I'm slow). So now to
debug it and enjoy it at long last.
> I want to thank each and everyone that has contributed ideas, helped solve
> problems
and encouraged me to keep on keeping on during the long journey of building.
It feels great to be up there pushing that stick around and have her respond
so gracefully. That's it! Her name will be Grace...after my mom. See yall,