Re: Europa-List: Left the Nest Today

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Left the Nest Today
From: GRAHAM SINGLETON <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 22:57:43
Troy=0Awell done, I remember meeting you all those years ago at SnF. Take i
t steady and stay within your limits particularly weather ( I'm sure you wi
ll)=0ADid you fit the wider tailwheel drive horn? Recommended as well as th
e tighter spring tension=0AGraham=0Astill learning French, gotta learn some
thing useful {;-)=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A=0A________________________________=0AFrom:
 Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>=0ATo: europa-list@matronics.com=0ASent
: Saturday, 3 April, 2010 22:43:27=0ASubject: Europa-List: Left the Nest To
day=0A=0A =0A =0AHello Friends and Fellow Aviators,=0A =0A Today at 1145 ED
T, at KAVL (Asheville, NC, =0AUSA), Europa N120EU broke the surly bonds of
Earth and lept into the air on it's =0Amaiden voyage. Well, actually the vo
yage was just orbiting the airport but she =0Adid so very well. I was amaze
d at the short take off, maybe 500 ft someone said. =0AI don't know, I was
too busy. I climbed to 5000 ft and the temps and pressures =0Awere well wit
h the limits for the whole flight which lasted 35 minutes. I did =0Asome ma
nuevers and stalls. No drama except for a left wing drop deep into =0Athe s
tall in dirty configuration. Mostly just mushed.  I need a rudder =0Atrim t
ab, need to tighten the tail wheel cables, and recheck the weight and =0Aba
lance. (I needed a bit too much nose down trim for straight and level.) =0A
 But all in all I am very happy. It went well today. I was worried about
=0Athe weather. The wind had picked up from earlier in the week, but I coul
dn't =0Atake off work. Turns out that winds were at just 6-10 knots almost
straight down =0Athe runway. =0AFor the records: It is kit number UK 120, w
eighed =0Ain at 850 lbs, Rotax 912S. Build hours were in excess of 4000, (a
 lot of mods, =0Aplus I'm slow). So now to debug it and enjoy it at long la
st. =0AI want to thank each and everyone that has =0Acontributed ideas, hel
ped solve problems and encouraged me to keep on keeping on =0Aduring the lo
ng journey of building. It feels great to be up there pushing that =0Astick
 around and have her respond so gracefully. That's it! Her name will be =0A
Grace...after my mom. See yall,=0A =0ATroy Maynor=0AEuropa Monowheel Classi
c=0AFlying