Europa-List: Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning

Subject: Europa-List: Europa parts supply - 'Handling fee' warning
From: David Stanbridge <david.stanbridge@swiftaircraft.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:43:14

To all,

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank you for the support
for Europa. Just to keep you abreast of some of the changes:

1. By the end of this financial year (April 5th) we will be operating a
new stock control / parts system. As well as enabling us to auto order
stock (so that we never run low) and deliver faster, on a practical level
it will for instance enable us to provide photos of all of the items to
ensure that going forward we can provide the parts right first time.
2. The production facilities at Kirkbymoorside are close to completion in
terms of a revamp that will enable us to obtain EASA Production
Organisation Approval (POA) so that we can start manufacturing certified
aircraft. As they stand now you can almost eat your dinner off the floor
of both the machine and composite manufacturing shop.
3. The POA will be complemented by an EASA Design Organisation Approval so
that we can start "officially" designing certified aircraft. Obviously
this will also lead to better all round technical support for the Europa
aircraft.

Along the way there are bound to be some frustrations and we are not here
to bite the hand off anyone. We just want to ensure that Europa is a going
concern for many years to come and to offer support and further
enhancements for the existing and the future Europa fleet.

Thank you,

Dave Stanbridge