Re: Europa-List: Europa door shoot bolts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa door shoot bolts
From: JEFF ROBERTS <Jeff@rmmm.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:23:57

Hi Vaughn,
I flew my bird to that show and was standing there watching that
Lancair take off. When I turned to watch the next one leave he went
down. Myself and some friends were sick when we saw the smoke from the
crash. Even more so when they told us it was an open canopy.
Before I hit the throttle both my hands push out on the rear, then the
front of both doors making sure those shoot bolts are in. It is too
bad but we all get caught up in trying to make a perfect landing or
takeoff when on lookers are around. (Air shows etc.)
Thats when check list are needed even more.
Best To All!!

Jeff R.  N128LJ Gold Rush... still down for annual but looking forward
to the soon to be nice weather!