Re: Europa-List: GPS antenna mounted to instrument moduleGPS antenna mou

Subject: Re: Europa-List: GPS antenna mounted to instrument moduleGPS antenna mounted
From: Roger Mills <Roger.Mills@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 10:13:06
You can probably even mount it out of sight if you want   to.

My GPS 496 antenna is mounted on an aluminium bracket on top of the radio
stack so that the antenna surface is just below the top of the instrument
module. It's completely covered and still works perfectly - over 2 years
I've never had any reception problems!

Roger Mills

Europa 141

Time:

"Gavin & Anne" <gavanne@iconz.co.nz>

GPS antenna mounted to instrument module

      Hi Ron

      I have the Garmin 295 panel mounted and have the external aerial on
top of
      the instrument panel looking through the windscreen in about the
centre of
      the panel. Works very well and its slimline shape is not noticeable.

      Cheers

      Gavin Lee...ZK-EPA

        _____