Re: Europa-List: Instrument module cooling/demisting

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Instrument module cooling/demisting
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:30:13
Ron,
No problem with only using one each fan.  D-10s need to stay below 120F
so that should be fine.  As for GPS antennas, in the 4 or 5 I have
installed, it is best to fashion an aluminum piece shaped like a U for
the active antenna to sit on glued right to the top of the inside of the
panel.  The antenna sits in the trough of the U and provides a nice out
of the way place to stick it.  All the Garmin, GRT, Blue Mountain and
Anywhere Map units work better with that little piece of aluminum.  That
technique was recommended by my Garmin Distributor.  It has always
worked for me.  Try it...Doesn't cost anything but a thin 4 inch piece
of aluminum.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations