Re: Europa-List: Lifting the Europa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lifting the Europa
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:10:23

>When folks talk about lifting a Europa by the engine mount are they
>referring to the mount forward of the lord mounts or aft of the lord
>mounts

Troy - I'd advise aft of the mounts. This will give a more stable
lifting position and will not stress the mounts unnecessarily. You
can see how we did it last year on Tim Houlihan's G-BZTH in my Picasa
album at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rowlandcarson/EuropaMiscellaneous

I needed to extend the jib fully to reach aft of the mounts, and some
care was required in choosing the strop attach point to avoid
damaging pipes, wires etc.

regards

Rowland