Europa-List: Lifting the Europa

Subject: Europa-List: Lifting the Europa
From: Troy Maynor <wingnut54@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:43:26
Hey Guys and Gals,

When folks talk about lifting a Europa by the engine mount are they
referring to the mount forward of the lord mounts or aft of the lord
mounts? I need to lift my Classic monowheel for maintenance in the
garage without the wings on it. I am thinking about having a welded
stand with the hydraulic jack added like someone on the forum made for
lifting, but the exhaust pipe is in the way on the port side. I need to
get the weight off the tire to fiddle with the brace for the landing
gear handle mod. It was too stiff laterally as I remember from last I
did it. I made too fancy of a brace than the angle stock I had on
earlier. That was before the engine was installed and things were easier
then. Thoughts, ideas anyone?

Troy Maynor
Monowheel Classic UK120
Passed inspection, first flight soon.