Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 01/28/10

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 01/28/10
From: rampil <ira.rampil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 14:09:13

Hi John!

Frankly, I never knew where JH got his info. You and I well remember
the constant friction in the office back in the day!  I do know that John
had no personal experience with inflight restarts of the 912S (as compared)
with the 914.  Never tried it my self either and will not until I need to with
big wings.  I used to worry about the engine cold soaking while soaring
(I can dream can't I) and having trouble restarting over the Catskills.

Over the years however I routinely have started my engine truly cold
without ever an issue if my Odyssey was over 80% charged

Your additional data point is certainly helpful with Terry's!

Regards,

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS