Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 01/28/10

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 13 Msgs - 01/28/10
From: John Lawton <wingdingy@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 11:14:40
> Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List Digest: 10 Msgs - 01/27/10
> From: "Christoph Both" <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
>
> What a waste of time. Same for discussing if Apple is better than
> Microsoft.
>
> Much better to discuss which tool is best for the job. Let's stop
> comparing Apples to Oranges. Or Toyotas to GM.
>
> Christoph Both
>
> #223<<<<<<<<
>
> Hello Christoph,

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but your comment is one of the most
snobbish, elitiest things I've seen posted here in the eight years that I
have participated in this forum. There are a lot of things that are posted
to this forum that are a waste of time from my perspective, sir, such as
anything to do with the monowheel, or the constant chatter about the "drop
of the hat" fly outs that are only of use to those in the UK, or the various
lengthy threads about Rotax installation and cooling issues with the Europa.
Why not just skip over the posts you don't find interesting rather than
insult the people who make them by chiding them for wasting your precious
time? The majority of what is posted here is of little or no interest to me
because I've been flying for nigh onto four years now and I don't reside in
the UK. As such, I just skip over what doesn't interest me and pay it no
mind.

Your tune would change dramatically if your engine of choice was constantly
being berated on this forum with idle comments about <<reliability>> with no
real basis in fact, thereby driving down the resale value of your airplane.
You are but one of over 300 people subscribed to this list. Not everyone is
interested in the same topics that interest you, either, partner. You might
not have noticed, but there is a key in the upper righthand corner of your
keyboard that has the word "Delete" written on it. If you don't like a
topic, use that button, rather than the rest of the keys on your keyboard to
insult the people here who are genuinely interested in the Jabiru engine and
its use in the Europa as an alternative to the Rotax 9xx.

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying