Re: Europa-List: Aft battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Aft battery
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 11:37:57

Ferg, It seems to me there are real advantages in having the battery forward
(as Bob Harrison + convenient access). Even with a 914, a Woodcomp SR3000, a
17 amp hr Odyysey,  and a very full panel, I found that a forward battery
gave me an ideal C of G position with 3 lbs of lead fixed to the rudder post
in the fin. 3 lbs is probably less than the wire needed to get decent
performance from an aft placed battery. So I would recommend planning
forward until proved otherwise.
Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ