RE: Europa-List: Dynon 180, Tonyk fuelgauge - and the future of kit

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Dynon 180, Tonyk fuelgauge - and the future of kit
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 22:32:25

>Hi Rowland,
>Did you ever complete Tonyk's circuit board for a fuel gauge

Dave - I never got around to designing a circuit board. Tim Houlihan
& I got Tony's kits of bits around the same time, but when we were
trying to set them up we couldn't get it to behave consistently. We
swapped chips and we found that the 2 chipsets we had didn't seem to
behave the same. I didn't have time to pursue it just then, and Tim
went a different route for a while until settling on a MGL display
unit using the RS pressure transducer used in Tony K's design.

Having flown with Tim and seen how his display performs I've now also
bought a MGL Stratomaster Infinity instrument.

regards

Rowland