RE: Europa-List: MkI with 912S

Subject: RE: Europa-List: MkI with 912S
From: Pete Lawless <pete@lawless.info>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 11:01:27
Hi Klaus

I have been thinking of doing the same thing.  The 912S is the same size
as
the 912 so no problem for a direct exchange.  - However, Nigel Charles
found
that the larger starter motor available for the 912S would not fit with
the
Classic engine mount (so use smaller starter and the 'soft start' pack.
Also I understand from Peter Rees that the new AC mechanical fuel pump
will
not fit as it fouls the radiator on the Classic.  The original pump is
available Peter sent me the following contact who can supply.

Regards

Pete

Pump came from a Pieburg distributor in Germany (he seems to send the
pumps

and rely on trust for you to send the money!) - he can be contacted at

www.ruddies-burlin.de  the pump model number is 7.20971.55