RE: Europa-List: Re-tensioning undercarriage bungees, monowheel.

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re-tensioning undercarriage bungees, monowheel.
From: Peter Jeffers <pjeffers@talktalk.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 11:51:55
I am of course referring to the original Europa standard  design, single
string, rubber bungee.  To achieve the necessary tension on this, to do the
job, required considerable effort and required exposure to some degree of
danger. For the tri gear there is of course no need to remove the fire
bulkhead as they are located differently from the Mono.

Using multiple loops of rubber or even better the steel springs overcomes
this particular problem.

Pete

  _____