Europa-List: Re-tensioning undercarriage bungees, monowheel.

Subject: Europa-List: Re-tensioning undercarriage bungees, monowheel.
From: Richard Lamprey <lamprey@infocom.co.ug>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:45:54
Greetings to all from Kenya.

Kenya Europa classic monowheel 5Y-LRY has been flying 10 years now (550
hours), and the retract bungee is getting tired.  After takeoff and
climbout at 70 knots the pressure on the flaps helps the retract
process, but the retract lever needs a good shove into the forward
recess.  It would seem that changing the bungee is really quite a
nightmare, and perhaps I can stave this off for a year or two by
retensioning them (I have never done this before).  Has anyone tried
this?  How much life can I expect on retensioning?

All the best

Richard
Classic 168
.