Europa-List: Re: does rotax need egt?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: does rotax need egt?
From: jpg12305 <jpg.comm@laposte.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:23:29

rampil wrote:

> Take a peak ( sic!) at the table I enclose.  If you have different data,
> please let me know

If I properly understand, this demonstrates that fuel consumption increases very
significantly with altitude, right?

I have heard/read a lot of different things about altitude compensation for the
Bing carbs. Some say there is compensation by design, some that there is no
compensation
at all, and some that there is only partial one.

I would think now the second statement is the right one!

My own experience (without having a flowmeter nor CS prop) is that I have never
seen an apparent MPG increase by flying high.

I would be interested in seeing some other data confirming yours.

Jean-Paul
Europa 332 - France

Read this topic online here: