Re: Europa-List: Coolant overheating

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant overheating
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:26:49

Kingsley Hurst wrote:

> Not that I can speak from experience, but I'm wondering if you might be
> better off getting the aircraft into the air where you can properly load
> the engine to run the rings in and at the same time generate more
> cooling from the airflow.  Once the rings are properly bedded in, the
> heating experience on the ground might be quite different from what it
> is now.

That would be an ideal solution. However I presume that any test pilot
will want to see this thing running at full power on the ground for
several minutes, before taking it out for a test flight. So, I have at
least get to that stage. I haven't dare to test it yet, but I would be
surprised if I can run it for two minutes at full power at the ground
without overheating it.

Frans