Re: Europa-List: Coolant overheating

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant overheating
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:37:42

[quote:840d48a39a="kheindl"]
I have a trigear/912S with close to 300 hours, with no previous problems of this
nature. For my last annual I decided
to change coolant (glycol 50/50) and oil, and all hoses and fuel lines. I had
also
made changes to improve airflow over
the engine, at the same time reducing drag. I have since then removed those
changes
again, but this has made no difference.
On the contrary, the temperature seems to be even higher.
I just don't want to spill a lot of coolant all over the engine. One idea is to
remove the coolant - I have a pump and I can
feed the extraction hose right down to the radiator - and then refilling the
radiator
first, and then the rest.
I will keep all informed.
[/quote:840d48a39a]

Found this post in the archive. I guess you have solved the problem by now, but
I would be interested to hear what you had to do to fix it.

Fired up my Rotax recently, and now with 3 hours of intermittent running, I can
finally keep it running at idle without overheating (that is, with the
temperatures
stabilizing at 115 Celcius). Quite an improvement, but of course I'm hoping
to get further than this. If you found a reason why your Rotax overheated,
it might well be worth checking to see if my Rotax has the same problem.

Frans

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org