Re: Europa-List: Mod 73

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 73
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:43:46

Fred Klein wrote:

Fred
imho John's solution is adding more engineering to fix a symptom. I
would prefer removing the cause, which is relying on the adhesion of
epoxy to stainless steel. Purely mechanical, no true bond. Better to
make a glass tube properly laid up onto the foam core and the ribs,
lined with a full length tube with lightening holes. Much more expensive
in labour but hey, we can always pay ourselves a bit less that day ;-)
The problem is the stainless inserts are not always circular and a bit
of swarf from the drillings make them jamb. Trouble!
Graham