Re: Europa-List: Mono Inner Tyre Failures

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mono Inner Tyre Failures
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:56:55
Terve!

I cannot accept this! It should not be a part of our life we live (and
fly) nowadays !
Landing with empty tyre could hurt seriously in the worst case scenario.

There must be something to prevent this happening so often or even
better - never!

I used also talcum powder and now the whole plane smells roses (I asked
powder with jet fuel smell but they have not!).

What=B4s  your tire pressure, Paul? I have used always 2,2 PSI = 2,4
kg/cm2 (that=B4s about double they recommend).

BTW it is easy to check: in my case 2,2 PSI equals 162 mm = 6,38" from
the asphalt surface to the lowest point of the main axle (port side).
That is a poor man=B4s Mono Main Tyre=B4s Pressure Gauge.

Raimo OH-XRT