Re: Europa-List: Fitting doors

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fitting doors
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 00:06:02

Fred Klein wrote:
> Rick,
>
> These were taken (obviously) before final finishing, but show the
> basics; rear tangs done similarly. After fitting the hinges as per the
> manual and dremeling out the cavity inboard of where the hinges mount,
> the trick was to trim the end of the tang at the same angle it has w/
> the top of the fuselage that results when the door is raised fully as
> shown in the 3rd photo. After determining the angle, I cut a scrap of
> skin to fit the wedge, used some 5 minute epoxy, then buttered its
> underside w/ flox. When door is closed, everything planes out very nicely.
>
> Fred
That's the way I did it Fred, very satisfying when its finished. Make
sure you do something about the upoward flexing of the rear corner
caused by the tension in the door strut. Either do the factory mod or
better, Justin Kennedy's mod.
Graham
btw the factory are planning to revert to push rod rudder drive, they
already have my jig for the rudder socket fitting CS29b. So if you want
my rudder mod talk to the factory.