Europa-List: Mechanical fuel pump - replacement of

Subject: Europa-List: Mechanical fuel pump - replacement of
From: Bob Fairall <bob.fairall@fairalls.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 19:45:03

Hi Europa folk,

My 'Classic' is fitted with a Pierburg mechanical fuel pump on its 80hp
Rotax 912. The part number appears to be 971 65 5-255.

The fuel pump is now some 12 years old and I want to change it, but have
found this Pierburg pump ceased to be manufactured about 4 years ago. There
is a substitute fuel pump made by AC, but this is slightly longer and fouls
the starboard side radiator.

I'm wondering whether anyone else has come across this problem before and
whether there is a solution anyone can offer me please (that isn't a
relocation of the radiators!).

Thanks

Bob Fairall

G-BXLK, kit 71, 400 hours flying and counting, and also kit no 494 slowly
making progress.