Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Spark_plug_caps?

Subject: Europa-List: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Europa-List=3A_Spark_plug_caps?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 23:02:57

We have been flying for the last 5 years with the bakelite versions of the
 original NGK rubber plug caps, sourced from a local motor factor shop - cost
 about =A33.00 each. The impedance is the same as the originals - the ones we
 have are angled at 45 degrees (same angle as the rubber ones) though im sure
 the 90 degree ones would work as well.

I spent months trying to find the rubber equivalents but it seems nobody
 markets them except Rotax at the unbelievable rip off prices they charge. I
 dont make a habit of accusing Rotax or Skydrive of extortionate prices but
 on this occassion its hard not to.

Personally I cant see any advantage of the rubber caps over the bakelite
 (apart from them being certified).

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS