RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: VOR Aerials

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Europa-List: VOR Aerials
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 09:31:21
Yep, thanks Mike

I meant that the math to figure out the antenna length would be the same,
assuming that you used it on the VOR bands. I did not have the VOR band
information with me, so I did not know off the top of my head, what they
were. Now I do, thanks to you!

Regards,

Greg

Greg,

The VOR system operates in the VHF frequency band, from 108.0 to 117.95 MHz,
so that it is below the air/ground VHF R/T communication band from 118 MHz
upwards.  The difference between horizontal and vertical polarisation of the
antennas would not be sufficient to prevent interference if they shared the
same band.

You should therefore centre the tuning of your VOR antenna around the
mid-band frequency of 113 MHz.

Regards,

Mike