Europa-List: FW: Batteries and fuel tank capacity

Subject: Europa-List: FW: Batteries and fuel tank capacity
From: David Corbett <DCorbett@corbettfarms.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 18:29:55

My Europa has a Hawker Energy SBS 30 battery mounted behind the baggage
bay. This battery has been in service for one year in the workshop, and
8.5 years flying, without any problem.

Has anyone ever had to replace a Hawker SBS 30 because of lack of
performance?

I noticed that Nigel Charles posted a message about fuel tank capacity.
I have just replaced the Avalec tank sender in "AM", and during the
re-calibration process I put 68 litres in, on top of the unusable fuel.
When I put the aircraft back from level flight position to the three
point position, I could see through the tank top surface, beside the
tank sender plate, that the tank was not full, and so put in three
further litres, making 71 litres and the unusable fuel. The tank was
still not full at that point, but I had no more fuel with me at that
stage. (To clarify, "AM" is a monowheel).

David

G-BZAM   560 hrs