Europa-List: Landing gear frame

Subject: Europa-List: Landing gear frame
From: Greg Fuchs <gregoryf.flyboy@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 22:46:36

Europa Listers,

I have found some corrosion and rust in a few areas of my landing gear
frame, so I will have to deal with that.

My first consideration is powder coating. It would be nice to powder coat
over the gold-colored corrosion protection that is there, but based on
previous listings, I may need to get down to bare metal to get it to stick.

If I simply scuff-sanded the frame, will anything stick to it? If anyone has
painted or powder-coated over the original corrosion protection, and had
results (negative or positive), let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Greg Fuchs