Europa-List: Is it advisable to introduce a little washout when bonding

Subject: Europa-List: Is it advisable to introduce a little washout when bonding
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:29:12

I am getting close to bonding on top wingskins on short wings.

My accelerated flaps and ailerons fall just a little shy of specified
minimum amount of washout. I was assured by some to not worry about it.

I fabricated aileron mass balance arms and weights so I can have
just a little reflex on ailerons if needed and have mass balance arms
flush with bottom of wing.

My question is it advisable when
bonding on top wingskins to introduce perhaps 3/16" or ??" of
washout at aft end of wingtip? I am pretty sure 1/3 to 1/2 will will
go away due to springback?

Thx.
Ron Parigoris