RE: Europa-List: Windsheild Question?

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Windsheild Question?
From: G-IANI <giani@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:07:17
I have removed a windscreen (when doing the High top - low cowl mod).  By
the careful application of a heat gun to the edge of the screen the 420 can
be convinced to let go.   You can then slide a putty knife between the
screen and the frame.  You can do this without damaging damaging the
surrounding composite but you may need a heat shield (plumber's asbestos
mat) to protect the composite in some places.  We did break the old screen
by being a bit ham fisted at first but most of it came out in one piece.

Once the screen was removed any remaining 420 was siftened with heat and
scraped from the frame.

Ian Rickard G-IANI XS Trigear, 200 hours
Europa Club Mods Rep (Trigear)
e-mail mods@europaclub.org.uk
   or direct g-iani@ntlworld.com