Re: Europa-List: Europa Classic Exhaust system

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Classic Exhaust system
From: Bill Henderson <europabill@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 15:24:36

Gary,

Yes, there's a big difference in the exhaust systems.  The engine in the
classic is around 3" or so closer to the foot well than the XS so the
exhaust pipe has to go up and around before it goes down to the muffler. In
the XS there is clearance between the engine and footwell for the pipe to go
straight down to the muffler.  The Classic muffler is also oval shaped and
only 3 1/2" tall.  The XS is around 6".  The exhaust pipes for the Classic
enter the muffler on the sides.  On the XS the pipes enter on top of the
muffler at the front and rear.
I had a new XS exhaust that I planned to use, but just sold on Ebay as there
was no room between the engine and cowling for it to fit.  Now I'm back to
square one.....

Bill