Re: Europa-List: Rotax Tacho G-PHXS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rotax Tacho G-PHXS
From: europa@pstewart.f2s.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 18:40:24
Quoting HANDFORDP@aol.com:

> The tacho on my 912S has suddenly decided to give a maximum reading when on
>  max power. The engine has only done 20 hours and this has only just
> occurred. At  lower throttle settings it appears to be working correctly. I
> remember reading  about the use of a resistor for some problems. Can anyone
> that
> may have  experience of this let me know a fix. Thank you
> Peter Handford

Peter

The suggestions of putting a 200ohm resistor across the tacho pick up worked a
treat for me. I wasn't sure about soldering down by the engine so I just put
the resistor across the terminals of the actual tacho itself - hey presto.
There is an atricle on trouble shooting the tacho on Rotax owners site. I've
tried to attach it here don't know if the list will strip it off.

regards

Paul
G-GIDY