Europa-List: Re: Fuel return line attachment point with 912U

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel return line attachment point with 912U
From: zwakie <mz@cariama.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 17:31:30

[quote:08f86472ee="skaajo"]If you use the standard Europa supplied restrictor in
the fuel return line from 912S, the return flow is an amazingly high 10 liters
(approx) / a little less than 3 USG per hour even with full fuel tank pressure
head on the return line.[/quote:08f86472ee]
Hi Svein,

You are the first to mention hard return flow numbers for a NON-914 engine,
thanks!
I would never have expected 10 ltrs/hr fuel running through the return line
(I thought it would be MUCH less)

We know that return flow varies with RPM and power setting. Including Svein's
return
flow number to this piece of knowledge, things seems to implicate that also
the VARIATION in return-flow might be considerably larger than previously
assumed. If this indeed is the case, correcting the K-factor for the single
sender
with return flow numbers (established by doing some fuel flow measurements)
doesn't cut it either (that is simply too inaccurate to my likings).

This strengthens my believe that for obtaining accurate FF numbers, one either
has to go with 2 senders (in feed AND return line), or with one sender in a
setup
as laid out in the schema that I posted (or is my reasoning incorrect anywhere?)

Since my engine is a 912[b:08f86472ee]UL[/b:08f86472ee], do you or anybody else
know if the return flow for the 912S and the 912UL are about the same? (I would
expect them to be close)

Marcel

Visit -  www.EuropaOwners.org