Europa-List: Jabiru Cowls

Subject: Europa-List: Jabiru Cowls
From: James Clive R <clive.james@uk.bp.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:47:54

RE: the enquiry about 3300 cowls.

I have a 3300 on an Esqual and managed to fit the Rotax cowls however it
is very tight as Bob found out many years ago. You are welcome to these
if you want to make me an offer.
However my suggestion would be to get in touch with Arion who market the
Lightning.
They created the Lightning from the Esqual and have developed an
excellent set of cowls which give plenty of room for the 3300. They are
that good that I have a set on order for my Esqual.

I suggest to get a pair of these, they are $430 for the cowls and I'd
recommend their cooling ducts which are broader and do a better cooling
job than the Jab ones. Ducts are $310 a pair.
The Lightning http://www.flylightning.net/ can be found there, you'll
see the cowl has the chubby look not unlike the Europa (sorry
guys...:-).
They will need a slight mod I'm sure, to fit the Esqual they need the
bottom cowl tapering in though the Europa looks deeper. With Fibre glass
anything is possible of course.

Regards, Clive