Europa-List: propeller torque

Subject: Europa-List: propeller torque
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 22:05:16

All,

Today I received my Woodcomp propeller. According to the manual I should
torque the bolts with 22Nm.
However, because of the location of the bolts, it is impossible to get
there with a normal torque wrench.
Is there a special tool I'm not aware off? Or do people practice
torqueing with 22Nm with a torque wrench as reference, and once mastered
the feel, apply it to the propeller bolts? Or is it just not critical at
all and is anything between hand-tight and applying brute force acceptable?

BTW, the propeller appears to be of good quality, there is a mechanical
end-stop indeed, and there are two limit switches *in series*.

--
Frans Veldman