Re: Europa-List: Carriage of ELT in Netherlands

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carriage of ELT in Netherlands
From: Frans Veldman <frans@paardnatuurlijk.nl>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 23:11:45

David Corbett wrote:

> Can our Europa friends in Holland please confirm whether this is the
> case  I am asking on behalf of a group of UK aircraft, including my
> Europa, which are going to night stop at Lelystad for 3 nights en route
> to Norway.
>
> And  how rigidly is the carriage of Mode S above 1800 amsl being enforced?

Just an update:
We now have an official Transponder Prohibited Zone, covering about half
the country. Lelystad is within this TPZ. Most likely you will only fly
inside this TPZ.
Now, before you logically conclude that you don't need a mode S
transponder to cross the Netherlands, I hate to have to tell you that
carriage of a mode S transponder is still mandatory in the Netherlands.
You are only not allowed to turn it on.

Welcome to our wonderful country.

--
Frans Veldman