Re: Europa-List: wingroot fairing update

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wingroot fairing update
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 14:14:11

Hi Graham...Justin Kennedy is, hopefully today, completing some flight
tests with G-ZTED which is equipped with some substantial wingroot
fairings (designed by Justin) which are similar to mine. When Justin
has his data organized, it will be posted. I will say now however,
that last week Justin performed some tests at high AOAs w/ flaps and
gear down specifically to explore the area of Phil's concern and found
no untoward behavior.

Justin's flights scheduled for today are to follow some flight
profiles suggested by David Joyce which should, when compared with
results when flown with a similarly equipped Europa but with the stock
wingroot fairings, may give some indication as to how the special
fairings increase flight efficiencies and enhance L/D ratios.

In addition to Justin's flight testing, Jeff Behrnes will soon be
doing some flight tests with his XS trigear, Baby Blue, both with, and
without, the fairings which I have made.

Stay tuned.

Fred
A194

--