Re: Europa-List: wingroot fairing update

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wingroot fairing update
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 21:31:22
flyingphil2 wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> Well done on constructing the wing root fairings - they look really good.
>
> I'll be interested to see how the flight testing goes.  The first picture with
the flaps deployed seems to show two very large vortex generators (i.e the
fairings
attached to the flaps).  I wonder how the aircraft will behave at high
angles of attack and whether you will get increased turbulence on the
tailplanes?

> Regards,
>
> Phil
Phil
this might give you an idea, never a problem imho. The unmodified flap
will still cause a large vortex anyway
Graham