RE: Europa-List: fabric flammability

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fabric flammability
From: craig bastin <craigb@onthenet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:06:20

Fred might i suggest you talk to a marine (boat) fitter. The fitters I visit
on a weekly basis inform me that
larger vessels MUST use fire retardant fabrics and carpets now (in
australia) for health and safety reasons.
I have examined a few samples they had on hand and the carpet seems quite
light, but not very flexible. The
fabrics come in quite a good range of colours too. I have been toying with
the idea of lambs wool skins for my seat, which are fire proof, and warm for
those FL flights at sub zero temps. The only issue I can see is
the lint, and how often they would need to be laundered to keep them looking
good.

craig