Europa-List: LED Landing Lights

Subject: Europa-List: LED Landing Lights
From: CHUCK RHOADS <cfrhoads@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 18:38:21
=0A-The weather finally got warm enough that I could spend some time work
ing on my LED landing lights from J.C. Whitney and try to solve the severe
static problems during transmitting.- After talking with some friends and
 a electrical engineer I decided to try the old method that we used 40 year
s ago on car radios.- I went to the local auto parts store, Advance Auto,
 and bought their radio-noise suppressor, less than $6.00.- It works wo
nderfully well.-It apparently contains a capacitor and an inductor.=0A=0A
For the purpose that I plan to use the lights, to be seen by other aircraft
 during landing, I am very happy with the results.- At my present airport
 night landings, is in my opinion are just for those with a death wish,-
three times I have been at my hanger at night and two time there were deer
within 200 feet of the hanger that I had to slow the car down to wait until
 they got off the hanger access road.=0A=0AHave a wonderful summer,=0AChuck
 Rhoads=0AA100- 115hours=0A=0A=0A