Re: Europa-List: large mag drop on both mags, 912uls

Subject: Re: Europa-List: large mag drop on both mags, 912uls
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 10:18:05
Keith,
I didn't notice what fuel you are running in on.  100LL aviation gas
gives less mag drop than the 92 to 94 RMS Premium fuel here in the
States.  I must show my ignorance since most of my experience is with
the 914.  I have yet to see a mag drop below 300 on Premium and even
less on Aviation Fuel.  If the engine is running smooth as a sewing
machine on one mag, I would suspect the octane rating.

Hope it all works out.  I used to think that if it didn't say Lycoming
or Continental, it didn't belong on an airplane.  These Rotax's have
changed my opinion.  My experience is they start and run well when
properly serviced right out of the box.  Just wish they were fuel
injected.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations.