Re: Europa-List: Coolant temperature indicator

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Coolant temperature indicator
From: Paul McAllister <paul.the.aviator@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 19:07:31

Hi Frans,

I suspect that picture you saw of a coolant tank with a sensor mounted
in it was a modified unit that Cliff Shaw made.  I did something
similar.  I took my tank to the Lincoln Welder demonstration stand
last year at the Oshkosh airshow and had them weld a patch of aluminum
on it to make it thicker so I could put a NPT thread in it.  Although
this approach is more elegant than putting in a T in the host, it does
require a whole lot more effort.

Just as an FYI, Grand Rapids also sell a T along with the appropriate sensor.

Regards,  Paul