Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe power

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anyone have info how they mounted wing tip strobe power
From: Robert Borger <rlborger@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:18:31
Ron,

FWIW... Absolutely no noise problems with my Whelen strobe power
supply (mounted on the baggage bay bulkhead below "D" door).  Power
supply is grounded.  Strobe HV lines have shields grounded at the
power supply end and strobe shields are connected through any
connector in the link.

Also, I have the LED/Strobe heads on the Europa.  The LEDs are VERY
bright!  Much brighter than standard incandescent lamps.  Everyone who
has seen the Nav lights on the aircraft in the air has commented on
how bright they are.

Now I have a set of Nav/Strobe heads with incandescent lamps that I'll
never use.  Was going to put them on my Toot but have changed my
mind.  From now on, only LED units go on my aircraft!

Check six,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Mono, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S
http://www.europaowners.org/N914XL
Aircraft Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX  76208