Re: Europa-List: Wing close-out panel

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing close-out panel
From: Kevin Klinefelter <kevann@gotsky.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:00:09

All very good sugestions that I wish I had known before I glued my wing
panels on! I have one more suggestion, that I forget who told me about .
With regard to those aileron balance boxes. To ensure not having a high spot
in the top skin as Bill suggests, simply cut the top of the box off. Then
after your wing skins are cured you lay up some bid inside the box to the
top skin, replacing what you cut off. This also ensures you get the maximum
clearance for the aileron balance weights from the top skin. And of course
it is much easier to sand all the sufaces affecting this little layup before
the skins go on.

Kevin