Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Lagging

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Exhaust Lagging
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:21:50

Kingsley and all

> As one Europaphile with much respect for the time and effort you have
> invested in ALL things to do with your non Europa aircraft, may I
> request what sort of material you used for same please.  Also, if you
> have a photo or two of your shields, any chance of attaching them to
> an email for the list please ?

Thank you for the encouraging messages from the Europa community.

When the shield is very close to the exhaust, or attached to it, we've
used stainless steel sheet (will have a look at the remaining sheets to
get the exact specs) with bent tabs and stainless steel clamps.
Otherwise, we attached the shield to the adjacent 'target' part. In that
case, sheet aluminum attached with screws or rivets works well. The
important thing is reflecting heat, and allowing free air passage on
both sides of the shield.
I'll retrieve some photos, and maybe craft a small page on the subject.
Hope this helps a bit.

Best regards,
--
Gilles