RE: Europa-List: Plenum sockets

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Plenum sockets
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:27:00

I simply re-enforced the plastic by inserting aluminum tubes=2C I think the
 diameter should be 1 7/8 th inch.
No need for redux=2C just some heat to get them in.

Karl

From: riddon@sent.comTo: europa-list@matronics.comSubject: Europa-List: Ple
num socketsDate: Mon=2C 9 Feb 2009 14:01:29 +0000

Thanks to all for the ideas re door gas struts.  Should be sorted now.

Next problem.  The sockets on the plenum chamber for my 912S=2C where they
go into the rubber hoses to connect to the carbs=2C have collapsed somewhat
. I guess it is the combination of the heat from the engine softening the g
lass and it being under compression from the hose clips.

I was considering cutting them off and reduxing in a couple of short pieces
 of 2in. aluminium tube as replacements.

Any one else had this problem and how solved?

Richard Iddon G-RIXS