Re: Europa-List: Fuel line position exiting the cockpit module

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel line position exiting the cockpit module
From: ALAN YERLY <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:23:11
Wished you would have asked earlier.

Just wire tie the fuel lines neatly to the floor.  The gear and flap is
normally installed and I fit the baggage bay in before I run the lines.
I jig the fuselage well and don't put on the top until all the work in
the rear is done.  I hate crawling back in the back.  Better to jig the
fuselage properly, ensure it is square.  Then put in the flight control
rods, tail tube, pitch bulkhead, gear, flaps, rudder cables, autopilots,
wiring, antennas, fuel system, batteries and other stuff in the back,
then fit the top.  Makes all those lines and fittings etc. much easier
to de-conflict.  I sheath my rudder cables when I can with 1/4 or 3/16
poly tube (like on the brakes) to guide them through the saddle area to
make sure the fuel lines, wires, etc. don't interfere.

Keep it light and simple, PVC can be heavy if you use it a lot.  Those
who put the top on before all the junk is in, have bruises and another
200 hours of work.

Just a thought.

Bud Yerly
Custom Flight Creations