RE: Europa-List: Instrument module access cover

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Instrument module access cover
From: Robert C Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:31:42
Hi! Raimo.
I have to somehow change my radio stack to accommodate my Mode S
Transponder and since it is the top unit it is out of sight from the
engine side of my FWF removable panel.
I expect that I will cut out a sizeable panel, construct some flanges
and make such a flap removable since my panel is not removable. I don't
consider the Europa Panel to be a structural item anyway and provided
such cut out is re-enforced  I don't see a problem.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG
PS if Steve Hagar is reading this his reply re:- fuses in such a place
concerns me that he can access the fuses from the P1 position if he has
to change one in flight?
Bob H